Organic Blueberry Upick
Blueberries - yep, blueberries.
Lots of space for you and your family to pick organic blueberries right at the farm (17 miles from the Capitol Square on the north side of Sun Prairie).
The system is a little different than open fruit Upick you've seen in the past. In order to provide flexibility for you and the farm, we've instituted an on-line scheduling and payment system.
Please note that the scheduling is important. So if you miss you're appointment, you'll need to go back to this website and set a new picking time and amount. Missed appointments will NOT be refunded.
Here's the Deal:
- Upick blueberries are on an appointment (range) and prepaid
* You select the date you want to pick, hours are within a three hour range, anytime within that three-hour time span
* Decide now how many quarts of blueberries you want to pick (green pulp quarts like your strawberries came in). Recent picking resulted in about 2 - 3 quarts per hour
- When you get to the farm during your time slot - come down driveway toward house; At first driveway by greenhouse, turn left into the field, toward the white van parked in the blueberry field. Drive straight down the farm lane toward the white van - park beside the white van.
- In the field you will find a white van parked directly in front of the blueberry rows where you should pick. Inside the van (open from the back) you will find your labeled/prepaid empty quart containers
- Go the field with those green pulp quart containers and pick. When they're full, take the container filled blueberries home.
* And of course we want you to sample while in the blueberry field. But please leave any other containers or buckets in your vehicle (unless you're using a belt/bucket for holding the quart container). This blueberry UPick is an honor system, making it easy and flexible for you and the farm.
- A stool is often useful for sitting while picking, but please leave your pets at home. And while the blueberry field is child accessible, it's not child friendly like the strawberry picking.
- $11 per quart
Please note - there is a 3% credit card surcharge, that ends up being 30 cents per $10 charged